Options

Outlook 2019 without login to Watchguard

Hello,

currently we are running into the following problem.

After logging in to the Watchguard I can open the Outlook 2019 app just fine.
When I forget to login and try to open the App, then Outlook 2019 is just stuck with the "Loading Profile" Text.

Is there any solution so that I can use Outlook 2019 without loging in to my Watchguard?

Regards,
Durrant

Comments

• Options

"After logging in to the Watchguard" meaning authenticating to the firewall via port 4100?
    If so, then this suggests that there is a policy which allows access to authenticated users which is not allow for non-authenticated users.

What do you see in Traffic Monitor when you don't log in to the Watchguard and try this access?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Durrant

It depends on what you're logging into.
    -If you're logging into Authpoint, our 2 factor authentication service, you'll need to log in as that's providing Authentication to your server.

-If you're logging into a web page to get access to the internet, it sounds like your outlook client is pulling something down from the internet. I'd suggest using single sign on (SSO.) If you're using AD, it logs you into the firewall automatically and skips having to manually authenticate to the firewall.

(About Single Sign-On)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/authentication/sso_c.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs Thx for the respond, yes indeed I meant after authenticating to the Firewall via Port 4100.

When I don't authenticate to my Firewall, I can't see any Traffic in traffic Monitor.

@James_carson
    I do have the feeling that Microsoft get's more and more "chatty".
    it works fine with Outlook10, just testet that out, but Outlook2019 seems to like to call home.

• Options

Look at your policies which require authentication.
    You can turn on Logging on a policy to see packets allowed by it in Traffic Monitor.

If you can't figure this out, if you have support on this firewall, you can open a support incident to get help from a WG rep.

Sign In to comment.