URL release from watch guard

Dear Team,

I need a small help regarding an URL that has been shared by my client this some portal which is accessible from different network the URL is something like this http://115.111.149.238:8080/ but in my office where watch guard is configured it is somehow blocking it. I want to provide access of this portal in my company to users. Can you kindly help me.

Thanks & regards,

Comments

• What do you see in Traffic Monitor when this access is tried ?
    When I try the above URL, it eventually times out, which indicates to me that there is no active web server via that URL.

• I always question any URL that has an IP address in it because they often are malicious sites. Are you sure that is a legitimate site? I cannot reach it, and web-based test sites show it down as well.

Gregg Hill

• royroy
    edited June 2019

Hi Bruce & Gregg,

First of all thanks for responding. Sorry the IP I shared is just an example but its similar to the original i did not share the original IP for security reasons but as i said earlier that this http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.:8080/ is accessible from different network like my home , but from my office network am not able to access this not sure what has to be done. Its some kind of portal that has been shared by my client when accessed from home i can see a login & password screen. Also seems like a public IP. Can you kindly help as what can be done to access this site from office network. If a step by step method is provided it will be more helpful.When i check the traffic monitor i get below details

2019-06-08 09:29:26 Deny MY Private IP Destination IP 6655 8080 1-Trusted 4-Proline Denied 52 127 (Unhandled Internal Packet-00)

Thanks & regards,

• "Unhandled Internal Packet" indicates that you do not have a policy allowing that packet out.
    In this case it is a TCP port 8080 packet.
    You need to add a policy allowing it.
    The best choices are:
    . a Custom Packet Filter for TCP port 8080
    . a Custom HTTP Proxy for TCP port 8080

• Go with Bruce second suggestion, "a Custom HTTP Proxy for TCP port 8080" to maintain the security of the network. Apply the same settings to it as you do for your HTTP proxy.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.