End to Site VPN connection from china

Hello everyone,
does anyone happen to have experience setting up an end-to-site connection from China to Germany with the Watchguard ?

Best Answer

Answers

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Daniel_P30

If you're looking at a site to site VPN, the procedure shouldn't be any different from doing so anywhere else.

Do note that some countries may block VPN type traffic, so check with your ISP(s) to ensure your traffic will be allowed.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @James_Carson ,
    Thanks for your answer. But I´m searching for a end-to-Site sollution. I will describe my current scenario. We have some employees in china that we want connect to some resources by us via an end to site vpn connection.
    My question is that scenario possible when the user only installed the vpn client software or not?

• I believe that the China Great Firewall blocks the client VPN types available to connect to a WG firewall.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Daniel_P30

It may be possible via something like the SSLVPN -- but again, China is known to block VPN connections.

The user will need to know to download the client, and to type in the correct server to connect to it.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Make sure that your user in China is aware of their laws regarding VPN usage because they could end up in prison if they skirt their laws.

Gregg Hill

• @Greggmh123 thanks I will do this.

• Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your support. It works now with a VPN-IPSEC connection.

Sign In to comment.