Options

Traffic management for each vlan

Hi,

We use the M470 with more than 200 VLAN's, each VLAN has it's own subnet.
Also we got multiple policy's shared by all of these vlan's

Now we would like to use the traffic management for each vlan. We would like to limit the speed for each vlan to 100/100 Mbit. But the only thin I can select, is by policy, all policies or by IP.

But I would like to set this by vlan/alias. So I would limit the speed for each vlan separate, not shared.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    edited November 2020

Hi @DeRaad

The firewall handles vlans in policies -- anything moving from one VLAN to another does so via policy. Making a per policy action, and applying that to your VLAN - VLAN rule should handle that.

Just be sure to make a new rule and action for each if you want them tracked separately.

edit: spelling

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@James_Carson

Notice that there are 200 VLAN's here and there are multiple policy's shared by all of these vlan's.

So your suggestion requires adding hundreds of additional policies, which is not the goal of the product enhancement request.

The OP did start a question on this, and I suggested posting here for the desired implementation - to not have to create hundreds of additional policies.

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    @James_Carson

Notice that there are 200 VLAN's here and there are multiple policy's shared by all of these vlan's.

So your suggestion requires adding hundreds of additional policies, which is not the goal of the product enhancement request.

The OP did start a question on this, and I suggested posting here for the desired implementation - to not have to create hundreds of additional policies.

That's correct, we use shared (general) policy's for every vlan and it's not my goal to create hundreds of separate policies. So it would be nice to setup a Traffic management and select on which VLAN it will be applied.

Sign In to comment.