Options

Custom User Registration Form

Hi All,

I'm new to this place. I just want to ask a question, maybe some of you have already done this. So we just purchased Firebox M270, and I would like to implement user authentication, in order for the team members to use the net, they must need to log in from the authentication portal. However, it would take a lot of time and effort to go to all of them 1 by 1 just to ask for their desired password, is it possible to create a form wherein I'll just give them the IP and all they need to do is just fill-up the form without me to go to them 1 by 1?

I mean, I can give them their desired username but I can't give them all with a password of "12345678". Also, I don't want to ask "hey what's your preferred password?"

We don't use AD so my preferred auth server would be Firebox-DB only.

Thanks a lot!

Carl

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @CarlGG15
    There is currently a feature request to allow uses to change their firebox-DB passwords via that portal screen. It's FBX-1401.

At this time, the only way to do this will be via your preferred admin screen (either policy manager or WebUI) using the admin account.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@James_Carson said:
    Hi @CarlGG15
    There is currently a feature request to allow uses to change their firebox-DB passwords via that portal screen. It's FBX-1401.

At this time, the only way to do this will be via your preferred admin screen (either policy manager or WebUI) using the admin account.

hi, @James_Carson

Thanks for the response. How can they access that page? I can't see any WatchGuard results when I Googled "FBX-1401". Do I need to set up that first?

Thank you

• Options

Hi @CarlGG15
    You won't be able to find that. Items are only published in the KB if there's a bug that needs a workaround pending a fix. Feature requests generally aren't published.

If you'd like a way to track it, open a case using the support center link at the top right of the page, and mention somewhere in the case that you'd like to track FBX-1401. The technician can set your case up to do that for you.

-James Carson

• Options
    edited October 2020

To answer the question about more information --- it's just a request to allow users to change their password using the interface at https://-firewall IP-:4100. There currently isn't an ETA as to when it might be done or if it will be accepted.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.