Can't login management users via webui

Trying to get into a firebox here that's being difficult.

When connecting to webui over port 8080, the webpage displays the login page, but also the message on the top of the page: "The site requires JavaScript. Enable JavaScript in your browser to continue." the page does not move past this. entering in creds and clicking Log in does nothing, no errors past this and its not frozen, just doesn't proceed further.
Anyone seen this?

Comments

• Is JavaScript enabled in your web browser?

• it is, tried from different browsers, different workstations too.
    Also when connecting to any interface ip address via wsm with status user, getting the error: "Permissions error. Please login with the 'status' user name and password for readonly access". (if i purposefully enter in the wrong pw for 'status', it gives me the invalid credentials message as expected)

-And when trying to connect via ssh over port 4118, i get to the "log in as" message but when entering in "status" get the message that the server unexpected closed the connection.

• What XTM version and firewall model is this?
    I have not come across this issue.

Does a reboot resolve this?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@grahamo
    Try an incognito/inprivate window in your browser. You may have and old version of the page cached.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Tried that @James_Carson with no luck. Tried from multiple workstations on the trusted network too. this is a T30 running Fireware XTM 11.11.4. We are still getting the error message "Permissions error. Please login with the 'status' user name and password for readonly access" as i described above. I was wondering if maybe its configured to log in through a different default auth server, and that's why we're getting the unusual (to me) error message when logging in. ssh the connection is terminated unexpectedly ever time, and webui times out. Every browser we try from has the java error 'this site requires javascript. please enable...." message. Oh also when i view the webpage in developer mode, seeing http errors 500, internal server error. i think we'll just end up resetting this box and taking it from there

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@grahamo
    If it is set up for another auth server, you should be albe to hopefully log in as status and go look.

If you go to Setup -> configuration file, there should be a link to download a config file. If you open the tgz it spits out, you can use that in policy manager and possibly reset the firewall, and load the config back on it with your new credentials.

It'd also generate new certs on reset, so if the cert is the issue, it should get blown away.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.