Options

Help Identifying Error Code

Hi,

Please can you advise what error code 206.035.005 means - I have an iPhone user who reports receiving this error code in the app when he tries to scan the QR from the activation email.

Can't see anything that matches this in either of the error code pages on the online docs that I could find. Tried re-sending activation email, same result. QR code scanned fine into my mobile from a screenshot he sent me (I migrated it back out again for him).

Support is challenging as my user is in a remote location, so any help on what the code means would be awesome as may help me give some direction to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

How is the remote user connected to your firewall?
    Anything obvious in Traffic Monitor when this happens?
    What Fireware version are you running?

• Options

Also, what iOS version is on the iPhone?
    And what QR code app is being used?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @kaitn

206.035.005 is referring to '[DEVICE] Invalid payload' -- so the QR code either isn't being read correctly by the camera, or there's something wrong with the QR code.

Can you please try erasing and re-sending the activation email -- it should re-generate the QR code with a new one when you do this.

If the issue persists, please open a support case (use the support center link in the top right of the page) and mention what the user's email is in the ticket so that we can look into this more deeply.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Thanks @James_Carson - that's what I needed to know. Are 206... error codes all device-related errors?

The QR code was fine as I scanned it & activated his token on my phone without issue from a screenshot he sent me. I did wonder if it might be a device issue, so that confirms my suspicions - will send him a replacement iPhone and get him to send that one back to us for inspection.

Thanks for the help :smile:

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Anything with 206 is an mobile service error -- so something going wrong between the authpoint app and the servers it talks to to provide the service(s).

If someone else has a phone near him, they can scan and activate the token, then migrate it to him if you'd like to test that.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.