M370 12.5.3U1 to 12.6.2 bovpn bug

Hi

Upgrading a M370 cluster from 12.5.3U1 to 12.6.2 stops all bovpn from working until you restart the iked deamon from the cli.

This is the error message:
Critical Error! - could not locate the IN and OUT SPSAItems

Roebrt

Comments

• correction - that should be all bovpn VIF tunnels

• Michael_DittmannMichael_Dittmann WatchGuard Representative

Hi Robert,

I have tried to reproduce this and wasn't able to in my case the VIF kept running after upgrade to 12.6.2 on my M370 cluster.

Can you verify if this issue on your end again by performing a failover ? If you see any issue with that please open a support case.

Best Regards,

Michael Dittmann | Watchguard Support

Michael Dittmann
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I did do a failover the night i upgraded before i restarted the IKEd deamon which did not help. So the issue was persistent on both HA devices.

• Michael_DittmannMichael_Dittmann WatchGuard Representative

HI Robert,
    you misunderstood me it seems. I wanted you to try a failover now to check that the tunnels remain working.

Regards,
    Michael

Michael Dittmann
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• ohh, sorry. Yes they do. I did a failover afterwords, so it seems to only be during the first upgrade.

• And same issue on another couster upgrade to 12.6.2. Maybe it has something to do with this:

2020-08-25 20:24:24 NetGroup-HA1 sessiond Sessions cannot be synchronized between cluster members due to version mismatch: local version is 2, peer version is 4 Debug
    2020-08-25 20:25:15 NetGroup-HA2 sessiond Sessions cannot be synchronized between cluster members due to version mismatch: local version is 4, peer version is 2 Debug
    2020-08-25 20:25:15 NetGroup-HA2 sessiond Sessions cannot be synchronized between cluster members due to version mismatch: local version is 4, peer version is 2 Debug

Sign In to comment.