Linux version of the Authpoint Gateway?

Hi, do you have a release date for a Linux version of the Authpoint Gateway software? I don't run a Windows Server environment and I am not going to build a single server just for the Gateway, so a lightweight LINUX version would be a great help. Thanks

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @SandrainNZ

The eventual goal for AuthPoint is to run the gateway services on the Firebox and WatchGuard cloud.

Under most circumstances, customers install the gateway on their Windows DC if they have no other server running. What specific software are you using where this isn't possible?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I need a really lightweight version of the gateway for a simple network. Believe it or not, I have a RADIUS server running on a Raspberry Pi. I am trying to use the Watchguard API and Freeradius, but the Freeradius REST module is difficult to configure. A simple gateway along the lines of the Windows version would be much better. Using the Pi, the power consumption is really low. The only job it is doing is the Authpoint interface.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @SandrainNZ

At this current point in time, there aren't any plans to make an Authpoint gateway for any platform but windows.

There is currently feature request being worked on to integrate the gateway into the firebox itself. Removing the requirement for most users to have a separate gateway is the direction the team is working on moving with the product.

If you'd like, I can make that into a feature request and send it to our project management team. That's not a guarantee that it'd be accepted, and would still need to be made, so it won't help with your current project. If you'd like to use the AuthPoint gateway now, unfortunately, a PC running some flavor of supported windows will be required.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you @James_Carson
    It would probably be best just to wait for the integration which is already in the pipeline. That would benefit the most people, rather than start up a separate workstream.

Looking forward to the Firebox update.

Sandra

Sign In to comment.