Options

Sync WG Access Points to CWM Configurations?

(I'm writing this in hopes to help out a colleague but haven't worked in WatchGuard myself so you'll have to excuse any ignorance on my part)

My colleague set up a way to import Firebox firewall data into CWM, including serial, name, model, etc.

Is there a way to auto-sync Access Point data into CWM too (preferrably mapped to a CWM Configuration Type different from the Fireboxes/firewalls)? We're struggling to find a way to import WatchGuard Access Point data (Activation Date, Expiration Date, Serial, etc.) into CWM. There has to be a way to do this via automation/API/some other mapping, yes? Hope to hear from you soon

Sample CWM dataset that was synced from Firebox (I want this type of data synced to CWM Configurations for Access Points too):

Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
License ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Name: XXXXX
Model: XXXXX
Version: 2
Feature: AUTHENTICATED_USER#XXX
Feature: BOVPN_TUNNEL#X
Feature: DIMENSION_COMMAND@XXX
Feature: FIREWARE_XTM
Feature: FW_RULE#X
Feature: FW_SPEED#X
Feature: FW_USERS#X
Feature: L2TP_USER#XX
Feature: LIVESECURITY@XXX
Feature: MUVPN_USER#X
Feature: SESSION#XXX
Feature: SSLVPN_USER#XX
Feature: VLAN#XX
Feature: VPN_SPEED#X
Feature: XTM_PRO
Expiration: never
Signature: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @wad11656

By CWM do you mean connectwise?
    The firebox itself is what has the connectwise integration -- the APs are either managed in the cloud, or by the firebox.

The data you posted is just the feature key -- or the license for the firewall. Depending on the type of AP they have, it may not have one, or it'll just say something like "Feature: Basic Wifi" -- there's not really any other features there for it.

What specific data are you looking to get?

We have integration guides here that go over what questions and templates can be set up with connectwise and the firebox:

(Integrate Your Firebox with ConnectWise)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/integrations/connectwise/about_connectwise_c.html

(ConnectWise Integration Guide)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/Integration-Guides/General/connectwise.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@James_Carson said:
    Hi @wad11656

By CWM do you mean connectwise?
    The firebox itself is what has the connectwise integration -- the APs are either managed in the cloud, or by the firebox.

The data you posted is just the feature key -- or the license for the firewall. Depending on the type of AP they have, it may not have one, or it'll just say something like "Feature: Basic Wifi" -- there's not really any other features there for it.

What specific data are you looking to get?

We have integration guides here that go over what questions and templates can be set up with connectwise and the firebox:

(Integrate Your Firebox with ConnectWise)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/integrations/connectwise/about_connectwise_c.html

(ConnectWise Integration Guide)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/Integration-Guides/General/connectwise.html

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. We run warranty reports for our customers so we can produce hardware replacement plans. Our warranty/QBR software (Propel Your MSP) pulls Connectwise Configurations. We therefore need WatchGuard's "Activation Date" and "Expiration Date"

The Access Points should sync to Connectwise, and the Activation Date and Expiration Date should fall into Connectwise's "*Purchased** and Expires columns, respectively. We also need the AP's Name and Serial to map to Connectwise:

I looked at those docs before posting here, and I think I only found info on syncing Firewalls.

We actually have WarrantyMaster in our wheelhouse, which can grab Access Point expirations for devices in Connectwise and sync them back to Connectwise. Right now, that process requires manually entering the AP Configurations into Connectwise individually. At minimum, it would be excellent for WatchGuard API to sync Access Point names + serials to Connectwise. Then we can add their Expiration dates using WarrantyMaster.

We really look forward to possible solutions for syncing Access Points to Connectwise with their Name+Serial+Activation+Expiration dates info.

Thank you

Sign In to comment.