Problem on saving config to Firebox

Hello.
I have a problem on saving the config to a T30 Box 12.5.3 U1. I'm using WSM 12.5.3
On saving the config, I've got a message
" The specific IP address does not match any of the interfaces specified in this config file."

How do I fix this? Must I remove the box from WSM and add it again?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards - and stay healthy.

Dirk Emmermacher

Comments

• Did you change any of the firewall interface IP addrs/subnets prior to saving the config?

I have only seen this when in fact I was doing so - changing a default firewall config by saving a prior config which did have a different subnet on trusted.

• I see that message every time I save a config to a Firebox that has its external interface using DHCP.

Gregg Hill

• Correction: I only see that message when I save a config to a Firebox that has its external interface using DHCP. For some of them, it's on every save.

Gregg Hill

• I have DHCP on external, and I never see this.

• I have DHCP on my own, too, and I tested again. I don't see it when I save to my Firebox, but whenever I save to clients' devices that have WAN on DHCP, I see it when I save. Strange behavior.

Gregg Hill

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

The error is due to the WSM app not knowing what the external IP address is. You can just click OK, and continue.

If this is bothersome, and if your IP is somewhat static, you can add your IP to the secondary tab of your external interface, which will cause the popup to stop occurring.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello.
    thanks for your answers.
    @Bruce_Briggs : The ip-address wasn't changed.
    @Greggmh123 : You're right. My firebox uses DHCP at external inferface.
    @James_Carson : Thanks for your tip :smile:

Have a nice week - and stay healthy!

Dirk

Sign In to comment.