Are all ports open?

One of our many Firebox T15 devices is used to manage a 911 center and its servers. Additionally, the customer wants to make use of a remote workstation to take calls during the Covid 19 event. Running 12.5 version on the T15 and client, our laptop is unable to complete all phases of authentication with the 911 center. Is it possible that some ports are not open by default?

Answers

• No. The default Outgoing policy allows out all TCP & UDP packets.
    The default Ping policy allows out all Ping packets.
    So as long as you have not deleted these default policies, all of the above outgoing ports are open.

Have you added any HTTP or HTTPS proxy policies?
    If so, that could be the issue.
    You could set up an Any packet filter To: the IP addr of FQDN of the 911 center, move this policy to the top of the policy list (manual order mode) and turn on Logging on it so that you can see packets allowed by this policy in Traffic Monitor.

• How is the remote laptop connecting to the 911 call center?

I am confused by your "Running 12.5 version on the T15 and client, our laptop is unable to complete all phases of authentication with the 911 center" comment.

First, what do you mean by running 12.5 version on the T15 "and client"?

Second, what do you mean by "all phases of authentication with the 911 center"? What authentication?

Are you using YOUR laptop to try to manage the 911 center's T15? Or just to see if the 911 calls work from your laptop?

Does "all phases of authentication with the 911 center" require access to something on the call center's LAN? If so, have you tried a VPN? I really don't like the idea of VPN because I think it is possible for something on the remote device to use the VPN to access the company LAN, but I may be mistaken.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.