Options

how to limit itunes to 3Mbps traffic max ?

hi,
i noticed many users abuse of itunes download which costs a lot on my bandwidth.
how to set up a rule (strategy is the good word i guess) to limit itunes application (not icloud) at 3M/s maxi ?
In the Dashboard, in the "main application tab", i don't want to see a client using 12Mbps anymore, only 3Mbps.

I don't want to block the apple.com domain, onyl "itunes"; the Dashboard know make the difference between itunes and icloud and other apple service, so i guess there should be a easy way to build a rule to limit only itunes.

I can't use IPs because itunes have many ips... so i have to use the name "itunes" as the watchguard detects it in the dashboard !

so , how to configure that rule on the Watchguard M370 ? shall you guide me please, step-by-step, screen by screen ?

Best regards

Comments

• Options
    Juan_NakasoneJuan_Nakasone WatchGuard Representative

Hello,

It should be possible to limit the bandwidth for iTunes by using application control with traffic management. First create a traffic management action with a maximum bandwidth of 3 Mbps, then create an application control rule for iTunes and select the traffic management action within the rule. Finally, apply the application control rule to your policies.

A video tutorial is available here with step by step instructions:

http://www.watchguard.com/help/video-tutorials/AppControl_Traffic_Mgmt/index.html

Sincerely,

Juan Nakasone | Support Engineer
    WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. | www.watchguard.com

• Options

thank you for the tutorial. i already perform the 1st step. :)

but in the step 2, the video show the "subscription service / application control " feature.
    where is this feature in the menus of the fireware Web UI, i don't see it, maybe the name have changed... ?
    https://ibb.co/1LZLRM2
    i don't use windows OS, so the tutorial presents some difficulties to access the same feature.

@Juan_Nakasone

• Options
    Juan_NakasoneJuan_Nakasone WatchGuard Representative

Hello,

The Subscription Services menu can be found in the navigation bar on the left hand side of the WebUI.

Click on Subscription Services to expand the menu and view Application Control.
    Please make sure that your Firebox has a valid Application Control subscription if you wish to use the feature.

Sincerely,

Juan Nakasone | Support Engineer
    WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. | www.watchguard.com

Sign In to comment.