Where can I find the log files for the Authpoint gateway?

BrianLBrianL WatchGuard Representative
edited October 2018 in AuthPoint - General

I'm looking for the logs to help me troubleshoot the gateway.

Best Answer

• BrianLBrianL WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

All of the logs can be found under C:\Program Files x86)\WatchGuard\

Authpoint Gateway\logs\ will show you info about the connection to the cloud.

Authpoint RADIUS\logs\ contains more detailed logs about RADIUS authentication.

Authpoint LDAP Sync\logs\ contains more detailed logs about the LDAP sync and LDAP authentication.

There are no higher log levels available.

Answers

• there are no logs of value in any of those folders. The only logs with content are the various wrapper logs which only contain server reboot informtaion

• Chech c:\programdata\watchguard
  • RalphRalph WatchGuard Representative

Doug,

Check out below for application logs

C:\ProgramData\WatchGuard\AuthPoint\logs

• wow that was quick response, the logs there have some info but I cant see anything useful.

Here are the applicable lines

2020-03-12 12:41:45 INFO [pool-2-thread-3] c.w.a.r.s.AuthenticationService - Authentication request received - HttpStatus: 400 - Request-Id:bd2c849a-7a78-4d0c-8571-49083df658a1
    2020-03-12 12:41:45 INFO [pool-2-thread-3] c.w.a.r.flow.AuthenticationFlowImpl - Authentication denied - Protocol: PAP - Username: ahoward - ResourceId: 6962. - Request-Id:bd2c849a-7a78-4d0c-8571-49083df658a1

I know it was denied I need to know why

Ive reset her password on the domain controller and resynced and it still refuses to authenticate her... I tested the password by logging in to the PC as her on the domain, so I know the username password is right ...

We initially had 25 authpoint licenses, we removed a few test accounts to make room for her account. Is it possible thats causing an issue ?

• Sad that it doesnt show up in google

• RalphRalph WatchGuard Representative

Ah ok. I'd suggest using the Tech Search to make sure your search covers all resources: docs, kbase articles and known issues.

https://watchguardsupport.secure.force.com/SupportSearch/

"The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 400 Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error"

Make sure that network/phone allows push service.
    iOS: TCP ports 5223, 2195-2196 and 443
    Android: TCP ports 5228-5230 and 443

Check token details for push id / push status within the app

• odd that this is the only employee struggling

• Is there a record of who authenticated , when and for how long ?

Sign In to comment.