Options

My domain is blocked by Watchguard

I am a virtual tour website creator. Most of my customers are in one form of government or another. I was notified in January by one of my long time customers (a Community College in Kansas) that their Watchguard firewall was blocking access to the virtual tour web page that I have hosted for them for 10 years on www.photographyoptions.net. The block message categorized their link from my server as a "compromised website." Their install of the Watchguard firewall was not new, and the problem seems to have started with some type of update. A few weeks later, I made a sales call and found another government org. in SC that experienced the same problem. My hosting provider, A2hosting has a assured me that there were no blacklists associated with my IP address. I would like to find out how my domain ended up on the Watchguard blocklist, and how to get it delisted. Any advice on how to move forward with this will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Reggie58

Our WebBlocker is fed by several external providers that provide information about compromised websites.

To have a webBlocker categorization reviewed, you'll need to make a submission in our security portal.

(Security Portal)
    https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-support/security-portal/overview

Under webBlocker, click cloud database.

You can check the current categorization, as well as submit a new category.

I've requested more information on why your site is marked as compromised, and I'll reply again once I have that info.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

*note that you need to be logged into a WatchGuard account to make a category change request -- you don't need to own a WatchGuard device to do this or have an account.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Yes, I did this on 2/26/2020.

• Options

I followed the link that was supplied above and submitted another category change request. The first request was submitted after setting up an account on 2/26/2020. at www.watchguard.com/support.....where only a text box allowing my to describe my issue was provided.

Sign In to comment.