See all traffic from a certain IP

We're having some weird issues with one of our IP phones. If I hook it up to the network with the Watchguard it will not connect to our cloud hosted phone system. If I move it over to our guest network it will. The only thing I can think of is that the Watchguard is blocking something. If I filter the Traffic Monitor for that IP I don't see any "Deny" packets. Is there something that perhaps I'm not logging and therefore not seeing in the traffic monitor?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @unitedregional
    Depending on what kind of policies that you have set up, there are circumstances where the firewall won't log things.

In this case, it'd probably be best to open a support case (you can use the support center link at the top right of this page) so that a support representative can take a look at the firewall with you.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I always have VoIP phones get DHCP-reserved IP addresses in a specific range, and I an "IP-UnrestrictedDevices" alias where I add that DHCP range. Then I have an unrestricted packet filter above other rules that has the "IP-UnrestrictedDevices" alias in it, Any allowed out, To Any-External. Sometimes I do the same thing but with a VLAN for the phones instead of the alias.

The only issue I have ever had was a couple of days ago at at client with a new T35 in place using that setup. I had to reboot the T35 the night before, and when they got to the office, all phones were not connecting. They powered off/on all phones and all worked fine. They are Cisco SPA303 phones. I have never had other VoIP phones do that.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.