Change polling interval for dimension logging

I am curious if there is a way to change the default 600 seconds that dimension waits before alerting that a device has gone offline. I have looked a bit but can't find a setting.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Chaospinhead
    There's not a way to modify this currently. Notifications for offline devices are also a global setting.

Are you trying to increase this threshold or turn it off?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I wanted to decrease it as I have had several customers with intermittent internet issues but the 10 minute window was not small enough to alert me that they were losing internet. Couldn't find a report on dimension either that would show me periods where external link was lost and for how long. Someone pointed me at link monitor awhile back but I don't see any notification settings for it so I am not sure what that gets me. The device knows the link is lost now, but how do I see a log of that information?

Thanks in advance

• You can use WSM Firebox System Manager to select events for which you want to get notifications. The notifications will be generated by Dimension or WSM Log server - whichever you send log messages to.

Enable Notification for Specific Messages
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/fsm/enable_notification_messages_wsm.html

4900-0002 is the link monitor message ID
    3800-0004 Cluster interface link status changed to down.
    3100-002C Interface link status changed to up/down

There may be others.

• Wouldn't this require that FSM is left open somewhere all the time to get those messages to send?

• edited January 2020

No. Your firewall is updated with the selected event IDs.
    You need to enter your firewall admin password for this change to be made to your firewall.
    Then you get a message "The configuration for event notifications has been updated".
    Try it.

Sign In to comment.