feature request - Monthly Quota

We have several firewall boxes that need feature of Monthly Quota. boxes only provide daily quotas. we are semi governmental organization in sri lanka and we need this feature for our staff to utilize the bandwidth of the internet connections.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @adslr3

Thanks for the suggestion.

What's your intended action if the quota is met? Are you looking for a warning, or for the connection to be throttled/cut off?

Previous requests of this nature simply wanted to keep track of usage, as completely cutting it off is counterproductive in most cases.

We do already include bandwidth reporting in Dimension. If that fits your need, I'd suggest looking at

(About Dimension Reports)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/dimension/reports_report-list_d.html

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• the scenario is when we set quota for day, if a person does not use it in that day the allocated quota is lost for that person. if we assign person a monthly quota they can use it when they needed. no quota will be lost. when monthly quota limit exceeded user needed to blocked from using the internet.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @adslr3

I've added your request to a similar existing feature request -- FBX-3765.

If you'd like to track progress on that feature request, please open a support case and mention somewhere in the description that you'd like to track open feature request FBX-3765.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• how can i do that. i new to this

• See the Support Center button at the top right?
    Click that, sign in if needed, scroll down to near the bottom and click on Create New Case

Sign In to comment.