Access Portal Multiple IP Addresses

Hello,
we have a M270 with multiple IP Addresses on the External Interface. Several of this IP Addresses are used for internal Mailserers or Webservers.
If we enable the Access Portal wich of the external IP Addresses are used? Can I assign a particular IP Address?

Best regards
Horst

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Horst,

What IP is used depends on your NAT policy, and the rule the traffic is traversing.

-In Network -> NAT, you can review your dynamic NAT rules. You can control subnet level rules here , if that works best for you.

-In each policy, under the Advanced tab, there's an area with NAT settings, You can choose to override default NAT, and specify a specific external IP to NAT via. If you're doing this for hotspot users, you'd likely want to do this in the ALLOW HOTSPOT USERS policy that is generated when you enabled hotspot.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi James,

thank you for the answer but I think we are speaking about different things.

I have configuered the Access Portal with an Reverse Proxy for Exchange OWA.
    In the reverse Proxy Configuration I can only configure a FQDN for the external Site.

The question is, on wich of the 8 external IP Addresses should I point my FQDN?

Best Regards
    Hosrt

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Hosrt,

You should point the IP at the one your FQDN resolves to.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.