IMAP-proxy with TLS

Hi all
I need help with a problem.
I have an IMAP policy configured that analyzes incoming emails.
In the proxy action I have inspection enabled and it works correctly. It allows me to inspect messages and block dangerous parts (eg, types of attachments or dangerous emails).
If I use the Outlook client computer it works fine, but with the Thunderbird every time I select a folder I get the following message.

The current iperation on 'folder name' did not succeed. The mail server for account xxxx@xxx.com responsed: ERROR command not permitted in current state.

I have tried everything that has occurred to me but I cannot eliminate it. Any ideas?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Marcos

Thunderbird likely has its own certificate store. Have you tried importing your proxy authority cert into thunderbird?

Outlook will use whatever one is present in Windows itself (as will IE, Chrome, and anything that's built into windows.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi, I have your same problem with gmail. it's about 1 year since I opened a ticket about it but no news, I confirm full functionality with Outlook but not with Thinderbird-

Christian

• I forgot, watchuguard certificate already imported

Christian

Hi @Cristiano
    What certificate did you import? The firebox has several.

What case number did you have open? If a case has been open that long with no response, it's usually because of a pending bug or feature request. I can have the support team check the status and get back to you.

Thank you,

-James Carson

• Hi James,

the case number is 01116332 gmail tls error, I imported certifiucato for deep inspection Proxy authority

Hi @Cristiano,
    It looks like that case was with our support engineering team, whom opened a feature request (FBX-11829) to have a feature added. If you're still having issues, I'd suggest replying to that case, and the engineer there will better be able to assist.

Thank you,

-James Carson

• Thank you

• Hi,
    having the exactly same issue.
    Was this problem resolved?

Sign In to comment.