Options

Schedule reboot - Firecluster

What happens when I've enabled the Automatic Reboot Schedule under Setup > Global Settings in Policy Manager? Do both cluster members reboot at the same exact time? I would like to stagger the reboots similar to a firmware upgrade.

Edit: The uptime on the Status Report is only 10 seconds apart for each member so I guess they rebooted at the same time which seems bad. Any way to control this better? The backup master should reboot, become the master, then the new backup master should reboot.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @phanaaekIT

There's no way to stagger the reboots, they will reboot at the same time, as this is a config setting on both devices.

The only way to reboot them one at a time, would be to log in and reboot the devices manually.

Is there a reason that you're scheduling a reboot like this? Under most circumstances, this shouldn't be needed.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

There was a reason long ago but I can't remember why but I kept the scheduled reboots to keep them running smoothly. I guess I'll have to disable it now and manually reboot once in a while.

Sign In to comment.