Options

My clients do not reach my lan interface

A new segment was added to an interface but the clients do not arrive or if they do they leave with an internet connection with a speed of less than 500kb, I must clarify that it was added after our license expired (it is in the process of renewal) I just want to know if due to the expired license new segments cannot be added, to wait for the renewal, I have 3 active interfaces, one external and 2 trusted, one of them delivering dhcp.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    edited February 15

Hi @IESPA
    So long as the Network/VLAN is under the limit for the device you have (which you can see in the feature key) they should be allowed. An expired feature key won't throttle your system, or cause the firewall to stop passing traffic*.

(MSSP type devices, which are ones that you would generally rent monthly from a reseller or service provider will stop passing traffic if the license expires. These are managed via a point system -- If you've never heard of our MSSP program, or don't know what MSSP points are, you likely don't have one of these.)

If you expanded the network, please check that your default gateway for that network is sending traffic to the firebox, and not somewhere else.

This article goes over what services stop working if your licensing expires:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/my_products/subscription_expiration.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Anything in Traffic Monitor to help understand this issue?

Does the new segment have a different subnet and the one on that firewall interface?
    If so, did you add an IP addr from that subnet on the firewall interface as a secondary IP addr?

Sign In to comment.