Options

Logon App for Mac Lock Screen Problems

I've had mixed results from using the AuthPoint LogOn app on Mac endpoints, but just had to uninstall it due to continued problems with post lock screen dark screens (entering credentials after a screen lock leaves the user with a black screen...seemingly other inputs still work as you can hear keyboard clicks/beeps and the cursor is there) on several--but not all--Macs.

Just today I installed the logon app on a pristine MacBookPro straight out of the box and the lock screen behavior mentioned above happened every time I tried locking the screen. Remove the logon app and the behavior disappears; reinstall it and it comes right back. The app works fine after boot up or a restart for user login; it's just the lock screen behavior that seems broken.

I'm posting here in case others have experienced this (and have a solution), as I had to give the device to a user.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @wwmiller3
    I'd suggest opening a support case with our support team (you can do this by using the support center link at the top of this web page.) We can get additional logs and determine what might be causing the issue here.

If you do decide to open a case, please include the info from the apple menu -> about this mac for the machines that you're running into this issue with if possible.

Thank you

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Thank you and will do.

Sign In to comment.