Options

V12.10.1 is out as of today - Nov 30 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023

I performed the upgrade on a M370, which seemed to have completed OK. However, WebUI Authpoint logins are timing out. I am going to try a reboot at the next maintenance window, but other than not being able to login to the management console the device appears to be functioning OK.

UPDATE: A second reboot solved the problem.

• Options
    edited December 2023

I believe we had the same issue today, AuthPoint with firebox resources were not producing push notifications. I rebooted the Firebox after coming across this and we are back in business. I will do the same for a few other clients that reported the same issue today.

• Options

V12.10.1 was removed today from wg website. Why?
    My M390 cluster is working fine with this version, I only have a popup error when I open WSM, but everythings seems fine.
    Removing latest version on website without explaination, however, is not OK.

• Options
    edited December 2023

Can we get an update from Watchguard on the status of 12.10.1? We also have reports of Authpoint issues with firebox resources and confirmed that this version appears to have disappeared from the WG website.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

There was an issue with the 12.10.1 update related to AuthPoint services, the team that handles releases is working on posting a KB post related to the issue.

If 12.10.1 is running fine, there's no reason for you to downgrade, however, we would suggest waiting to upgrade until an 12.10.1 update 1, or 12.10.2 is released, whichever comes first.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Using Watchguard Cloud, scheduled a series of Firebox upgrades for 1:45am on December 5th, 2023.

12.10.1 firmware was installed on all the Fireboxes.

As of today though, that version is no longer available (again).

Current version available for upgrade is 12.10.B685791

Problem: The current version of WSM is only 12.10.0

I cannot, at the moment, manage any of the Fireboxes that were updated on Dec 5 with WSM since a 12.10.1 version of WSM is not currently available for download on the Watchguard website.

I've submitted a support request and am waiting, with bated breath, for a reply from technical support.

• Options

Hi @Ozynmandias, see the post from Kimmo directly above your reply -- this has a KB that discusses the issue with 12.10.1.

If you need a specific piece of software, please create a support case by clicking the support center link at the top of this page.

-James Carson

• Options

Not sure it is related to 12.10.1, but for the first time ever I had 3 UserSpace crashes back to back (nmap) this morning.

• Options
    edited December 2023

Is version 12.10.1 pulled??? I installed it yesterday. Today it says " This device is on an unreleased version of the OS. " and the download page does not offer it any longer.

If there's a problem with 12.10.1, what do I do now? Downgrade to 12.10? Is it safe? What about the rest of version 12.10.1 (authentication gateway, management etc)?

• Options

Yes it was pulled.

From the KB posted above by Kimmo:
    AuthPoint integration with mobile VPN fails after upgrade to Fireware 12.10.1

"In response to this issue, WatchGuard has removed Fireware v12.10.1 from distribution."
    "WatchGuard will re-release Fireware v12.10.1 as soon as a fix for this issue is available."

• Options

I upgraded my Firebox M270 to 12.10.1 and since it is in a small business environment without AuthPoint, all seems well. When I go to the UpgradeOS page in the WebUI, I see the message that "This device is on an unreleased version of the OS." Will there be anything special I need to do to upgrade to the new version when it is release or will I just follow the normal procedure?

• Options

@Landy You will be able to upgrade to the next released version via the webUI just like normal once it is released.

-James Carson

• Options

Fireware 12.10.1 update 1 has been released at https://software.watchguard.com

This includes a fix for the authentication issue, as well as a few other items.

The release notes for this release are here:
    https://www.watchguard.com/support/release-notes/fireware/12/en-US/EN_ReleaseNotes_Fireware_12_10_1/index.html#Fireware/en-US/resolved_issues.html

I will be closing this thread, as it relates to 12.10.1 pre-update 1. If you have any issues with this release, please open a support case or start a new thread on the forums.

-James Carson

This discussion has been closed.