Options

Better Authentication Server Management

I know AuthPoint is a new service being integrated into Watchguard firewalls, but it would be nice for it to not show up in the list of Domains, if it is Disabled under the Authentication > Servers section.

It would also be nice to be able to disable an Active Directory Domain if you didn't want to use it at that time, instead of having to delete it in order for it to not show up in the Domains list either.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @trifecta
    I believe the page you're looking at is the port 4100 auth page -- this is generally used as a last resort if the user can't authenticate any other way. If the user is authenticating via any of the VPN clients, they won't really ever need to be here (except to download the SSLVPN client)

Internally, users will generally use Single Sign On (SSO,) which won't require them to use this page.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Yes, that is correct. This is the page our users would go to, to download the latest client if they didn't get a prompt to upgrade or if they bypassed the initial upgrade prompt. It also displays it on the Fireware Web UI interface to log in and manage the router, but I know that is only used by our admins.

Would just be nice for it to not display if it is not enabled.
    Thank you!

Sign In to comment.