Only 1 device of FireCluster showing in Dimension

I have 2 FireClusters setup to log to WG Dimension. The first one I did was fine; in Dimension it shows both devices under the Cluster (these are M270 devices)

The 2nd one I added shows the FireCluster, but only 1 device. These are T30 devices on Fireware 12.4. Please see pic below (sorry to post URL, having trouble embedding the img!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VeSGxDm8u9WK_wu6AICJgKCBVg1AweEH

Comments

• For your second cluster/second device, try triggering a failover so the missing device starts sending the logs. That may get it to show up.

• Yes that's done it - thank you.

Question answered, tested and resolved in under 5 mins... must be a record!

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Fred2K

This is expected -- since only one device has access to the internet at any given time (they basically switch off who has access) only the master will log at any given time.

As @BrianSteingraber mentioned, the failover makes the other one start logging, and you'll see it show up.

If you expand details on the cluster, it's normal to only see one with Logging: YES at any given time. The logging member will be the master.
    Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Fred2K -- I'll ask that the support team pushes that up for you. Thanks for the information.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• James: yes - that's the case with the T30s - only the Master shows Yes for Logging... but with my M270s they both show Yes for logging

Sign In to comment.