Options

Laptop with different Bitlocker ID

I have a laptop that is managed by full encryption but the Bitlocker ID does not match the one store in the Watchguard cloud. I'm not sure how the key has changed on the laptop. Does the Encryption endpoint not refresh the keys if they change?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@SkyJaxx it will assume it's a new machine and may simply halt. If you're unsure how the ID might have changed, I'd suggest opening a support case so that our team can look into the issue via logs from your device(s).

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

What do you mean by halt?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@SkyJaxx It will stop saving as it can't find the correct ID (assuming it doesn't just start writing to the ID it believes it is now.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

The laptop goes to the Bitlocker recovery screen now, so maybe that is it.

• Options
    David_David_ WatchGuard Representative

Hello, SkyJaxx

Plesae check for any ID stored by us on our database from the online console by clicking here:

If a recovery key does not match the search query, some modification had to be made, but foreign of our agent (no configuration changes have been made on this computer), which has caused a new "Recovery Key ID" to be created for this computer by that other software, and therefore we do not have access to its associated "recovery key".

If you are in doubt, you can, as James.Carson suggested, open a case to our support team, but we do not hold more info on recovery keys as the one we provide our customers with, on the mentioned button on the online console.

Kind regards,

David

Sign In to comment.