Options

Quality of life improvements for Cloud Management

Doing my first Cloud management and realizing how lacking it is, but also how powerful it is.

Firstly, I would love to see a file converter. Cloud config -> local config or vice-versa.

I have been able to cheat in the past by copying chunks out of the XML file and pasting in others configs for extensive list. A nice addition would be able to copy a policy or an alias and save it as template or to another config. Also copy a part of a template to a config. That way you don't get the lock.

Nothing worse than having to put in 200 entries into an alias, only to find you may need to put that same alias somewhere else.

Comments

• Options

Yep, I have taken full configs off of M390's and put it on as small as a T20 and just changed the subnet information. Or, in a DR environment save the config, paste in a feature key and go.....but....what ever...who needs that?

• Options

the cloud is lacking a backup function - a WG engineer has managed to lose one of our devices in the cloud, wiping the config.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Adam_Witwicki
    If you happen to have a support file from that firewall (since you seemed to be troubleshooting it,) there is a config file inside the support file that may assist in recovering it.
    If you're having issues locating your firewall in WatchGuard Cloud, I would suggest engaging with the tech in the case you already have open, as that will be the person with the most information about what's going on and be best able to help.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.