User don't get Activation Mail

I have the problem that one of my Authpoint users dont get the Activation Mail on his Mail account. I have allready check by our mail provider if the mail in spam or anything else. But there is no activation Mail from Authpoint. It is very strange because I have 100 Authpoint user all get the Activation Mail only this one not. I have checked the mail address but htis is also correct.

Best Answers

• Answer ✓

The problem is fixed. The problem was that the mailbox wasn't created as this user was already synchronized from LDAP to Authpoint. This will cause Authpoint to reject the request for this mailbox. If authpoint receives a mail rejection, it will stop sending any other emails to that address until we intervene.
    This must be cleaned up with a Watchguard ticket so that it works again afterwards.

Answers

• Hi @James_Carson,

yes sure I will do that.
    Is it possible to fix this problem myself or do I always need support from Watchguard?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Daniel_P30
    At this time there's no way for you to correct this other than ensuring that the mailbox exists and is ready to receive email before syncing authpoint to create the user.

There are feature requests open to alert the admin to a problem, however, re-enabling the user is intentionally only done by WatchGuard. Rejected emails from our domain can cause other activation emails to end up in SPAM filters, so this is managed carefully.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.