License update on A/P cluster

edited February 2023 in Firebox - FireCluster

Quick sanity check. Docs state you can not update (renew) a license on a FireCluster via Web UI. I did on the Active member then rolled them over, but it borks on fetching the other (now new primary box). So is the only way I can do this is via a WSM server and Policy Manager connecting to the IP address. Cut and Paste the new License key?

That's the way I use to do it before the Web UI and Cloud ctlr came along? If so I'll have to build out a new WSM Server.

Comments

• edited February 2023

Does this work for you?

Web UI
    Select System > Feature Key.
    The Feature Key page appears.
    Select the Enable automatic feature key synchronization check box.

"In a FireCluster, the cluster master synchronizes the feature keys for all cluster members."

Enable Feature Key Synchronization and Alarm Notification
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/basicadmin/feature_key_sync_c.html?Highlight=synchronize feature key

• @Bruce_Briggs said:
    Does this work for you?

Web UI
    Select System > Feature Key.
    The Feature Key page appears.
    Select the Enable automatic feature key synchronization check box.

"In a FireCluster, the cluster master synchronizes the feature keys for all cluster members."

Thanks Bruce.
    Yes this was already in place. Now that I look at it I may have to check with WG as all the 'features' options are showing as having the renewed expiry date except for LiveSecurity Service and Cloud Connect.
    I'll open a ticket.

Thanks for the reply.

• edited February 2023

Ha!
    It must have been a 'WatchGuard minute'. As I was writing up the ticket, I steeped through the process again, and it worked. Everything is now updated. Basically just hit the Get Feature Key again.

Good to know I don't have to rebuild a new WMS in short order. :p

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @BarryG
    The Customer facing systems are isolated form our back-end systems by design, and sync from time to time (I believe that specific system syncs several times an hour.) Automatic licensing updates from the firewall won't populate immediately, but the firewall checks daily for changes automatically if you have that feature on.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.