Windows login on two workstation

Hello,
i need to protect my personal and business computer with authpoint.
I have not the same username for both, can i deal with this without creating two endpoint users ? then use 2 licences for one person ?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Ludovick

From a technical perspective, if you named the accounts the same thing and added that PC to your AuthPoint setup, there's no reason this shouldn't work.

I would suggest using caution or getting written permission to do this from your employer, however. Many companies frown on connecting personal PCs to company resources (which they would likely consider the company's AuthPoint account to be.)

User logins would also appear in your company's logs for your personal logins if you did this.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• My point is that it is not the same account name,

it's a sample question to be more easy to understand, but my real case is not personnal computer, more 3 business computers in different domain with different account name, but same real user

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Ludovick
    You should plan on three user accounts needing three licenses.

If you have a managed service provider type account, it is possible to combine accounts as you're mentioning, but based on your description, you're using a single end-user account.

See:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/authpoint/user_inheritance_subscriber.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.