12.9 System Manager Blocked Sites

Before I open a support ticket, has anyone else noticed that the blocked sites list in system manager application is quite slow (to load & change sorting, etc) as compared with prior versions? The web-based version seems normal.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@eichenadmin

A change had to be made in 12.9 to page the list out in Firebox System Manager because some customers were running into instances where they made such a large list it was crashing the app.

Additional improvements are being looked into.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I see this in fix the V12.9 Release Notes for the Web UI, but nothing for FSM.

. In Fireware Web UI, the Blocked Sites page now uses pagination when there are more than 50 blocked sites. [FBX-22596]

• Same here, ever since 12.9.(B673767) WSM I can't even scroll the Blocked Sites tab. It takes several MINUTES to respond and eventually bogs down to the point where WSM becomes completely useless for monitoring our M370.
    If there is some kind of a java environment variable work-around for this it would be very handy to know - or Watchguard Development had better get this issue fixed ASAP as it is essentially preventing us from managing the appliance at our corporate office. This is a HUGE problem.

• You really should open a support case on this.
    Anyone with a significant problem should.
    This is the best way to get help in resolving it, and the best way to let WG know how important the issue is to your site.

@GTBStrong
    You can use the WebUI to manage the blocked sites list as before with no issues, the problem only seems to occur via WSM.

Customers that run into this issue tend to have very large blocked sites lists. Reducing the length of the blocked sites list can also help alleviate this issue.

-James Carson

• I actually tried to use the web ui as a work-around but deleting the blocked sites didn't work. I would highlight a row, click delete and yes in the popup window to confirm but the IP remained.
    The other big complaints I have about the web UI in this case are that you can only select one IP row at a time to delete (in WSM you can shift-range-highlight to delete) and then the list resets view after delete to page 1, so if I need to delete multiple IP addresses on page 4, I need to click-Scroll to page 4, highlight the row, click delete, click OK to confirm and then click-scroll back to page 4 again to delete the 2nd+ IP address. So if the first row didn't delete properly I'm wasting my time chasing the dogs tail. A multi-select would be handy.
    I will open a support ticket about the slow behavior of the blocked sites list, WSM becomes almost unusable in this condition and I have to crash out the window using Task Manager if I want to switch back to any other tab. I'm hoping there might be some sort of a java buffer setting on the local PC that may work-around the behavior.

The bug ID for this issue is FBX-24474 -- the issue is related to a change in WSM that causes the query time to increase for blocked sites. FSM will fail to load the list in the refresh interval, and in some cases may stop responding.

A fix is currently targeted for 12.9.2 -- the workaround is to use the WebUI for the time being, which does not run into this limitation.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.