Cloud managed Firebox: How to get load average data / load level ?

How can we get information as to the load average / load level, such as we had in FSM?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @JonathanBrickman
    You can use WSM to manage a firebox cloud -- all of that information will be in the status report tab of Firebox System Manager.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you, James. May I ask for clarification:

1. Can WSM connect to a complete cloud with multiple Fireboxes, or just one Firebox at a time?
    2. If a complete cloud, how?
    3. If one at a time, do we need an inbound setting to allow it, and if so, what type?
    1. just 1 at a time

2. A WG-Firebox-Mgmt policy. It is recommended that this policy be restricted, such as from specific IP addrs, specific client VPNs or authenticated users - not to have access allowed from the whole Internet.

You can also use SNMP management tools to access various values such as this.

• Thank you, Bruce. That helps a lot.

• Well, I set up the rule, and when I attempted to connect, it said:

• Sounds like, the advice above is for a "cloud Firebox", not a fully cloud-managed Firebox?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

-Cloud Managed firewalls are managed by the cloud.
    -Locally managed firewalls can log to WatchGuard cloud, but can be logged into locally.

You can still get the status report data from cloud managed firewalls, it's just a but more of a process.

In WatchGuard Cloud, if you go to
    -Monitor -> Devices
    -Choose a firewall
    -Go to Live Status -> Diagnostic Tools
    -Choose the Snapshot tab.
    -Click to download a snapshot file.

You'll need a program like 7-zip to open a TGZ file.

Navigate to:
    Fireware_support.tgz\Fireware_support.tar\Fireware_XTM_Support.tgz\Fireware_XTM_Support.tar\support\system\system_status.txt

(The first few directories are the name of your firewall with stuff appended, may be slightly different than what I typed.)

Load averages and such will be in this file, along with everything else in the status report tab.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you very much, James. I am used to reading the status text from FSM, so that will do very nicely.

Sign In to comment.