Yubico Security Keys / Fido2

We are in the preliminary stages of investigating Authpoint primarily for MFA on mobile VPN. We currently use Yubico's Security Keys for other services that use FIDO2 authentication. These are the blue ones.

I see knowledgebase article https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/Integration-Guides/AuthPoint/Yubikey_authpoint.html for Authpoint integration with the black Yubikeys, but still nothing for the FIDO2 Security Keys.

In a different discussion, in August 2022 Alexandre_Cagnoni stated:
In any case, it is in our roadmap FIDO2 integration.

So, is there a published roadmap of exactly when there will be real FIDO2 integration with Authpoint?

Best Answer

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

Hi @eichenadmin There's some preliminary planning work happening to scope out what changes may need to be made to support this.
    However, at this current point in time, and for the none-too-distant future the only thing we'll be supporting are the TOTP tokens.

If this is something you're looking to implement right now (which is what I'm assuming you're wanting to do since you have the keys in hand) I'd suggest looking at a different solution.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Answers

• To my knowledge WatchGuard does not provide public access their roadmaps beyond their technicians saying there is one when we open tickets/ discussions.

I may be wrong (who knows maybe things have changed) but I’ve never seen their roadmap published anywhere to the general public for any of their product lines.
Sign In to comment.