How to bypass Hotspot terms of service checkbox?

Owner placed a tv as a posterboard in the lobby...only wifi there is currently the Guest Wifi which has the hotspot requirements to check the Terms of Service box. I plan on running an ethernet cable to the tv when I get there later next week, but is there an exception I can add to allow this tv's mac/ip to access the external internet while on the Guest Wifi?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @pkokkinis

There isn't a way to do this, but this also means that the TV is running (and potentially accessible, depending on how your policies are configured) to people on the guest WiFi.

I would suggest simply configuring another SSID that doesn't have hotspot enabled (hidden if you don't want guests seeing it) and connect the TV to that.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you, James, for the confirmation. My cruddy wifi AP's now (not WG) have a cool isolation feature already, so no worries there. My current AP's can only handle 1 SSID and am planning on upgrading them this spring with a WG solution, but I need to tell the owner something tonight or tomorrow. He'll likely through a netgear router at the front desk and call it a day after I say I can't do anything. Oh the joys.

Sign In to comment.