Options

Upgrading to a Firebox with more interfaces

My current Firebox has 5 physical interfaces and I'd like to upgrade to one with 8 interfaces. However, the config file backup/restore farts when I try to apply to the new box. Do I really need to rebuild the new box from scratch?

Comments

• Options

How are you trying to do this?
    Using WSM Policy Manager?

Review this FAQ:
    Move a Configuration to a New Firebox
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/basicadmin/config_file_use_new_model_wsm.html

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@pkokkinis You'll need to follow the procedure that Bruce posted. Using the backup/restore feature only works between devices of the same model.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

haha, thanks guys. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday trying it through the web gui. I hadn't fired up WSM is a while and had forgot all about it. So I made a copy of the config file using WSM of my 5-port model, then connected to my 8-port model, opened 5-port config, set the extra interfaces to Disabled for now, set the OS compatibility, set the hardware model, Saved to firebox, imported Feature Key, done. Thank you both for chiming in!

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@pkokkinis
    We're working on it being fully possible in the WebUI. (It's unreasonable to expect customers have a Windows PC to do tasks like this -- it's just the best workaround for one-off situations at this point in time.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.