Options

Firebox is blocking outbound SSL VPN connections

Hello, for work they already had a watchguard firebox and use SSL VPN for users. I have been using it fine. I recently purchased a firebox of my own for my home and found that by default it is blocking the watchguard ssl vpn that I use to connect to work. Without the very crude way that I can think of permitting this traffic (proxy policy to unblock all traffic to that URL), is there a best way of permitting the traffic from my end to the watchguard ssl vpn I use for work?
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Please post a sample Traffic Monitor log entry showing this being blocked
  • Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    Please post a sample Traffic Monitor log entry showing this being blocked

Good idea! Gathering now...

• Options

Ohhhhh...so now I feel silly. It was not the traffic, it was the application. I did not know this, but Watchguards SSL VPN gets detected on a Firebox's Application Control as "Open VPN". I had that category "Tunneling and Proxy Services" set to Drop. I allowed the "Open VPN" application and now Watchguard SSL VPN is permitted.
    Thank you for the response and ultimately pointing me to the right direction Bruce_Briggs!! Much appreciated.

• Options

WG's SSLVPN client is based on the OpenVPN client.

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    WG's SSLVPN client is based on the OpenVPN client.

I appreciate it, very much! On these forums, is there something to do to "close" a post? Like in some forums you mark an answer as the solution, others you post saying "Completed - Close" or something similar? I don't see a close option here.

• Options
    edited September 2022

If you choose the "Ask a Question" option, then you can mark it as Answered.
    If you choose the "New Discussion" option, there is no such option or ability to mark it as satisfied, closed, etc.

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    If you choose the "Ask a Question" option, then you can mark it as Answered.
    If you choose the "New Discussion" option, there is no such option or ability to mark it as satisfied, closed, etc.

oh...poopy...I must have used the discussion in this case. Thank you for your guidance and again, all of your help!

Sign In to comment.