TDR blocking it own servers

Just yesterday I started to get a lot of notifications that TDR was actively blocking it own server IP address that it uses to connect to. I have already started a support ticket, but have not had any response yet. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I have not made any changes to the settings in the last week.

Comments

• I advise removing TDR and replacing with EPDR.

WatchGuard will be changing TDR to be a "Log aggregate" type service for the other services in the future and is moving towards getting all of the stuff it was doing on the endpoint-level to EPDR.

Otherwise I have not seen this issue... that said we have actively been removing TDR from our devices ever since WG advised that TDR is going away.

• @Tristan.Colo said:
    I advise removing TDR and replacing with EPDR.

WatchGuard will be changing TDR to be a "Log aggregate" type service for the other services in the future and is moving towards getting all of the stuff it was doing on the endpoint-level to EPDR.

Otherwise I have not seen this issue... that said we have actively been removing TDR from our devices ever since WG advised that TDR is going away.

News to me TDR is going EoL.
    Replacing TDR with EPDR has a cost and for us, we are currently using tdr running side by side with our local security product.

/Robert

• > @rv@kaufmann.dk said:
    > Ahh...
    > https://community.watchguard.com/watchguard-community/discussion/1959/tdr-what-is-the-road-map-for-this-product
    >
    > Maybe we get a free upgrade to replace the TDR?
    >
    > /Robert

> @rv@kaufmann.dk said:
    > News to me TDR is going EoL.
    > Replacing TDR with EPDR has a cost and for us, we are currently using tdr running side by side with our local security product.
    >
    > /Robert

EPDR could replace your security product (it’s very good)

TDR isn’t fully going EOL but will evolve to no longer be a Threat agent and will just end up being a log aggregate service. TDR as we know it will be flipped on it’s head in the next year or 2.
  • Thanks. We are quite happy with our current security solution from our endpoints (which is not WG) and no plan to replace it.

• You could replace TDR with “EDR” which is the part of EPDR that does what TDR used to do.

You could also open a ticket and see if WG will help with your TDR issue. I just wanted to make sure you know that the TDR basked is changing in the long run
  • EDR is designed to work with other endpoint solutions*
Sign In to comment.