Options

The data disk for Dimension is not available

Any help here please when login with wgsupport username

Unable to connect to database. Please login as 'admin' to diagnose the issue.

when login as admin

The data disk for Dimension is not available. You cannot set up Dimension without an available data disk. You must add a data disk and reboot Dimension before you can run the setup wizard.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @WCS

Dimension has two drives in your hypervisor -- the first one is Dimension itself, and the second one is the database.
    -If you're deploying in VMWare, this is made for you automatically. If you're using HyperV, you need to create the disk.

(Install Dimension on Hyper-V)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/dimension/installation_hyper-v_d.html

(Install Dimension on VMware)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/dimension/installation_vmware_d.html

If this is for an existing Dimension server, check your hypervisor to make sure the second drive exists, and is still attached. If it is not, Dimension will have nowhere to store its database.

If the drive is attached, I'd suggest opening a support case so that our team can take a look at your system and help.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

I've just experienced the same issue, but deployed on VMware. We have an existing instance of 2.1.2 running on the same hosts with no issue.

Is there anything I can via the bash shell to make sure the data disk has been added to Dimension?

• Options

@technical_tea_tales
    It'll be the same story for VMWare, there should be a secondary disk configured in your hypervisor-- If the disk isn't there, there's not much you can do in the CLI of dimension to get the hypervisor to enable it.

-James Carson

• Options

@james.carson, thanks for your response.

So both volumes are provisioned as they should be. Could the below error be related?

• Options

@technical_tea_tales
    I'm not sure -- I'm not familiar with that error.
    If you're running into a problem, I'd suggest opening a support case so we can look into the issue more in-depth. You can do so via the support center link on the top right of the page.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.