Options

Purchased new firebox and migrated config - what AP Feature license do I need

I am replacing a firebox M200 with a Firebox M290. I purchased a new year UTM licence for the M290. When I migrated the config from the M200 i was successful with that but when I modify the config it says I need a Wireless Feature Code. Do I need to purchase something new for the M290 or can I transfer a feature from the outgoing M200?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022

--removed authpoint question--

• Options

Neither the M200 or the M290 have built-in wireless.
    Do you have WG APs set up in Gateway Wireless Controller?

FYI - I do have APs in GWC, and I have never had such an issue on a hardware migration.
    If you don't get a quick response from @James.Carson, consider opening a support case on the wireless issue.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Justin_tech
    It's very likely complaining about Gateway Wireless Controller (GWC) licensing. In later versions it pulls down license data for the actual APs.

See:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/wireless/ap_subscriptions.html

It should automatically pull down the keys by itself, so it may have already resolved the problem by itself already.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options
    edited September 2022

@james.carson
    I haven't replaced the device live yet so I am thinking once it is inline and working it will probably be able to communicate with the access points and the internet and be able to bypass this error message. And yes, it is a Gateway Wireless Controller.

Full disclosure though, we had a different vendor for the M200 and the Access Points so I haven't activated those access points under my account. Those are with our previous consultants. We are still communicating with them so I am not sure if there is a way to migrate activated devices.

--removed authpoint question--

• Options

This is the error message I get when I try to make a change to the config. Again, the watchguard does have internet access but it cannot communicate with the APs yet

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Justin_tech

In Gateway Wireless tab (in Firebox System Manager, you'll need to highlight the AP and update the feature key under the action menu.

If you need the APs moved to your account, please create a case under the account you want them moved to. The support center button at the top right of this page will take you to that.
    -Choose "customer care" for the case type.
    -Mention "transfer of ownership" somewhere in the case.
    -List the serial numbers you want moved.
    -Once the case is created, there should be an attachment area near the bottom of the case. Please include pictures of the serial number barcode(s) on the backs of the APs.

Once the devices are moved to your account, you can get the feature keys for them via "my devices" in the WatchGuard portal.

See:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/wireless/ap_subscriptions.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

There was a 'known issue' with getting the WG feature keys with a semi-current version of the firmware. If you go to 12.8.B657104 I bet the system self corrects for you, it did for me in the exact same scenario.

Sign In to comment.