Transfer Trade Up Devices to my account?

I am buying a few devices that were obtained as part of the Trade Up to T40 program. Would I run into any issues if I were to do a Transfer Of Ownership to transfer these devices to my account? To clarify, I will be transferring the T40s to my account and not the devices that were traded in. Also, how would I go about transferring it to my account? They both have active subscriptions

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @AlwaysLearning
    I would check with whomever you're buying them from. If they were part of a trade up, the person selling them to you was likely supposed to destroy them as part of the upgrade.

If they were traded up, I would suggest forwarding the trade-up program information to the seller -- https://p.widencdn.net/sijswa/Trade_Up_Program_Overview

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited August 2022

Hey @james.carson ,
    I'm not sure what they did with the old devices that they traded in for the T40s. I read the document that you linked. Because the T40s were traded up, does that mean that I would not be able to add them to my account because I don't have the device that was traded in?

Thanks in advance

Hi @AlwaysLearning
    -If they were traded up you can do a transfer of ownership to move them to your account again.
    -If a condition of the traded up devices was the old ones were to be destroyed, the trade-up T40 may be deactivated if the old appliances are in use again.

-James Carson

• Hey @james.carson,

Thanks for the quick response! Is there any way to prevent the seller from reactivating the old device other than asking them not to? Would they even still be able to use the old device if it has been traded up? I doubt that the seller would do this, but just in case.

In order to do a transfer of ownership, you need to submit a customer care case including a picture of the device's serial number barcode. So long as the old owner can't do that, there's no way for them to move it back to their account.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.