Feature Request - Bandwith Meter Units

Hello,
it would be nice if one could change from kbps to MBps or Mbps
Internet is much faster nowadays

Comments

• You can see that in Dimension...fast a free ;-)

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Norman
    What interface/report are you looking at. The majority of interfaces and/or reports allow it to be switched on the fly, or automatically switch when traffic meets a threshold.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited August 2022

system manager (gui version) > bandwith meter

Hi @Norman

If you right click on the graph and go to graph scale, there are a few options you can choose from to scale the graph by unit. WSM will also attempt to auto scale the units based on what it's seeing.

The units on the list view are always Kbps, but dividing that by 1024 will get you Mbps. (if you're looking for a faster conversion, move the decimal over to the left by one place and you'll get a rough number in Mbps.)

-James Carson

• @james.carson

I think that the point here is a request to add an option for Mbps, since very few links are under 1 Mbps now.
    And why should we users have to deal with some effort to result in a 300 Mbps max scale by using a Kbps value multiplied by something?

@Bruce_Briggs
    There's an existing feature request for a similar request FBX-7859 (It also covers handing some bandwidth spike auto scaling issues more gracefully.)

I don't foresee this being done in the none-too-distant future, so I'm trying to provide some type of workaround rather that simply handing off a feature request number that won't be completed for quite some time.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.