Options

WSM Log Server - possible database corruption or issue

Good Day

Trying to extract some data from the WSM Log Server (WSM running on a windows box).

Having issues with it stalling while extracting.

IE. Run the report for 6 months and it hangs in the 3rd month 3. I can run month 1-2 and 4 to 6 with no issues. When I try to run month 3, it stalls. CPU and file access just flat line.

Any way to check for corruption?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Paul,

The WSM Log/report server runs into database corruption issues quite often. They're mostly caused by external applications touching or locking the log server's database file(s). Since the system is always streaming logs, it's always writing to the database.

Opening the WSC (WatchGuard Server Center) app and going to log server -- if the GUI gets stuck accessing the database, this is almost always a sign of something being wrong with the database.

If you haven't looked into it already, I'd suggest migrating to WatchGuard Dimension. It's a VM appliance that you can run on HyperV or VMWare, and can set up to use an integrated or external database.

WatchGuard no longer supports the old windows log/report server -- you can even log to two report servers at the same time if you'd like to evaluate it in the interium.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.