SNMP for Watchguard Cloud managed Fireboxes

Would be critical if we could allow SNMP polling for Watchguard Cloud managed fireboxes. We moved alot of clients to Watchguard Cloud recently and found out Auvik monitoring is essentially unusable because SNMP not possible with WG Cloud.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@bcitdscott
    Hello.
    I'd be happy to pass that information up to the team that manages WG Cloud. Can you provide any specifics about what data you're looking to export via SNMP (vice just stating that you'd like to use SNMP.)

Providing specific examples of what is missing helps prioritize efforts like this.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @bcitdscott said:

SNMP not possible with WG Cloud.

I cant see it every being possible as the devices hosted in the cloud are like any other MSP and your stuff is on the same boxes as other folks stuff. They are not a 1 for 1 as it would be if you had your own fireboxes out there. So, to parse your data from that of every other tenant would be almost impossible and provide a boatload of less-than-trustworthy data for all parties.

I have yet to see (for me) a good business case for a cloud-hosted edge security device.

• The WG Managed Firebox is still on onsite device. Is it not possible to enable the Trusted Interface to listen to SNMP so we can pull device information?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Michael_Ruffolo SNMP is coming in the future for cloud managed fireboxes (it is now available for cloud managed APs.) The feature request for cloud managed fireboxes and SNMP is FCCM-5288.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi James,
    How do we search for that feature request and follow it's status?

• You open a support case and mention the feature number in it
  • This is the status when I checked. May 9, 2023. Almost a year since this original post.

I'm updating case for Sage who's unavailable now. The FCCM-5288: Ability to configure SNMP was originally filed but it was now replaced with a new FCCM-6329: SNMP in FCCM both were regarding to request the SNMP support for Cloud-managed Firebox. Currently we don't have ETA yet but we would tag the case with the new FCCM so you would get notified once it's resolved in the future release.
  • Given how long it is taking to put in an industry standard that should have been there from the start, I've been recommending our team use other products.

• SNMP for Cloud-Managed Fireboxes beta is finally out

Sign In to comment.