Hotspot page Brand Image

I need to enable the hotspot page but i noticed that the Brand Image of the watchguard logos shows on the preview. How can i remove those logos?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @james.carson Yes that will change the top logo. I want remove the watchguard logo that appears on the bottom of that page as well. How can i do that?

@Kamikaze

The brand image on the top can be changed.
    The "powered by" image in the footer can't be changed.

-James Carson

• @james.carson I would like to be able to remove that footer image. I don't want anyone to know what type of equipment is being used.

• The only real way is to bring it to an outside page. Your question is one of the exact reasons that we moved away from the WG portal for guest networks as your concern is identical. Unless WG wanted to offer us some funds for their marketing on our private network, makes no sense to put their logos on it...maybe I am nuts.

• @TestingTester Same here and I feel like it tips off anyone with malicious intent.

@Kamikaze
    I created a feature request (FBX-23618) for that request. If you'd like to follow it, please create a support case and mention FBX-23618 somewhere in the case. The tech assigned the case can set that up for you.

In the interim, you'll need to use the external hotspot page feature inside of hotspot if you'd like to completely remove that footer.

-James Carson

• @james.carson Did this ever get implemented and what is the status of that feature request?

@NetworkWise this has not been implemented. It's more likely that captive portal tech used on the current APs in the cloud would be adapted to this than reworking this feature.

Additionally the hotspot/captive portal on the firebox is designed to be a very basic option - Fireware has supported redirection to an external hotspot server which can be completely customized to your needs since Fireware 11.12.

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/authentication/hotspot_external_guest_auth_about_c.html

Considering that our current AP offerings are exclusively cloud managed, it is unlikely that this option will be added to the basic authentication page.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.