Options

Facebook Messenger

I have a new customer and we installed a T80 with full DPI.
We have resolved most website issues, but their marketing department uses Facebook Messenger, and it shows a No internet connection error. I don't see any blocks in the traffic monitor, Facebook is not restricted in WebBlocker or App Control. Not sure what would be blocking this. I am thinking that it's like the Microsoft No Internet test, but I can't find that documented anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Messenger is likely verifying certificates and doesn't like the cert it's receiving -- if there's any logs for messenger, I'd suggest looking there as they'll have more information about what it thinks the problem is.

If you need assistance, I'd suggest opening a support case so one of our support reps can assist.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Thank you. I looked for that with Messenger and did not see it. But I will open a support case.

• Options

I was able to get FB Messenger connected by adding an exception (*.facebook.com) in the HTTPS-Client Proxy Action to bypass content inspection.

Messenger shows "no internet connection" before I added the exception. It shows all my FB contacts now.

Note
    I didn't really test it by chatting with my FB friends because I don't have anyone to chat with.

Sign In to comment.