Watchguard Switches

I was just curious if Watchguard has any plans to offer network switches in the future like so many other security vendors do.
Seems to be the trend.
Thanks,

• Doug

It's usually something simple.

Comments

• My talks with them indicate that they are working on it.

That said I would want them to get their new Cloud Wireless where the old cloud wireless portal used to be (as far as the logs and information/security features go) before they add another product type to their portfolio…

I understand the need for a single pane of glass but that pane of glass loses its benefit if it doesn’t give us the information we need compared to a different solution.
  • If and when this happens it would be nice if WG reached out to the community for their input on what we admins want to grow and future proof our networks.
    With AP's, security cameras, and many other devices requiring more power than PoE+ can provide, and massively increased bandwidth usage for these devices, the old 1 gig copper port and 4 SFP ports doesn't cut it.
    Something similar to the Aruba Instant On 1960 12XGT 4SFP+ Switch is what I'm thinking, but with more ports and PoE++.
    Just a thought.

It's usually something simple.

• @shaazaminator said:
    I was just curious if Watchguard has any plans to offer network switches in the future like so many other security vendors do.
    Seems to be the trend.
    Thanks,

• Doug

Heck, first they have to fix the products they are selling....god, I hope they do not muddy the waters anymore. I am not sure what they would hope to gain by getting into the very crowded switch market...seriously if that was the plan someone in their upper MGT team needs to be relieved of their duties. Simply, no reason to try to be everything for everyone.

• edited July 2022
    @TestingTester I don't understand your statement here. If the products are „bad“ why are you using them?

What is „broken“ in which product?
  • james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @shaazaminator
    Switches are currently being investigated due to customer requests for them, but it would be some time off. If they were announced, you would likely see a hardware beta ahead of any release as with the firewalls now. watchguard.centercode.com would be the best place to watch for such a program.

The best place to send feedback on a new product like that would be via the Sales team in the WatchGuardOne program -- if you're a partner, I would suggest sending feedback directly to your sales rep and/or sales engineer.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @talos said:
    @TestingTester I don't understand your statement here. If the products are „bad“ why are you using them?

What is „broken“ in which product?

WiFi is a train wreck....UTM is great. AuthPoint...well, it is AuthPoint.

Sign In to comment.