Options

AuthPoint MFA verification timeout adjustment

I currently have one user that is having an issue with the Authpoint banners not popping up on his mobile device. If he opens the Authpoint app, he is able to get the MFA request and approve it, but the problem there is that by the time he gets the app open, clicks the 'check for pending push notifications' link, and approves the push notification, the Windows 10 VPN client has timed out the connection.

I'm going to go through his phone with him when he gets back on site, to see if I can straighten out the banners not showing up. But, honestly, what I'd like to do is adjust timeout on the VPN client; it's currently far too short; it only allows 5 or so seconds to approve the MFA banner on the secondary device. Is there somewhere to adjust this timeout so that it allows a longer delay before the connection attempt fails?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Mark_S_Lesco
    If you click the 3 dots next to the token on the user's phone and click "show token details," does the push status say registered?

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like this is going to be a no.
    -Deleting the token and re-adding it should kick off the registration process on the phone. The phone registers via its push provider (Usually Google, Apple, or in some cases Samsung.)

If the phone is rooted, or very old, it may not be able to register to these services. The user generally also needs an account with the respective push provider (google, apple, etc) in order for this to be able to complete.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.