Options

Dimension 2.2 Hyper V Integration tools

More a feature request than a problem, but I am running Dimension 2.2 on Hyper V (free) server 2019 and using Windows Admin Center to remote into vm if required.

I was doing just this and noticed that the VM, which has 8Gb static memory assigned and is the only VM on the host and is only collecting from a single T50, was asking for 18Gb. In the dimension webUI, it says the memory demand is 112Mb.

I ran 'service --status-all' from terminal and saw that there are no hyper v integration tools present or running, which among other things, prevent memory ballooning in hyper v, which it seems may be an issue for me (even with a reboot of vm).

With no root access to dimension vm, even installing these is impossible, so could we please have them added in future?

Comments

• Options

Good idea.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @BiggPerci
    There are some integration tools installed, but they're likely an older version -- I do have a few bugs that were opened for HyperV related to memory consumption. If you're running into an issue with it I'd suggest opening a support case (use the support center link in the top right of the page) and create a case online.

Via part of the hardening process for Dimension root was severely limited/removed, so granting access to it in a useful way isn't possible in its current state.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I should add that the bugs I'm seeing should be fixed in 2.2, so it could be possible you're running into a new issue.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.