AuthPoint Issue: AAAS-15034

edited January 2023 in AuthPoint - General

https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA16S000000XekDSAS&lang=en_US

Can anyone advise if this issue is being worked on? Its been months and the status is still open.

We haven't been able to update our AuthPoint Agent for Windows due to the bug, appears to be stable on version 2.5.1.324 so have been reluctant to roll our anything newer until the issue is resolved.

Comments

• edited May 2022

@ThomasT said:
    https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA16S000000XekDSAS&lang=en_US

Can anyone advise if this issue is being worked on? Its been months and the status is still open.

We haven't been able to update our AuthPoint Agent for Windows due to the bug, appears to be stable on version 2.5.1.324 so have been reluctant to roll our anything newer until the issue is resolved.

RD Web works with this.

I advise using RD Web to Authenticate and then just using Logon App to lock down the RDP files that the RD Web console downloads if they are using Chrome (if in Edge have clients open this in IE mode and then the client won't download)

Their RD Web integration is much more Geo friendly :-)

This has more to do with a Windows limitation than WG from the notes I saw.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @ThomasT
    This isn't currently being worked on due to limitations on the windows side. Do you have a case open for this issue? I'd be happy to make sure your case is with the correct team to see if there's anything else we can do to help/.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi "james.carson"

Thanks for providing an update on the issue, sorry I missed your reply earlier.

My support case has been closed (01553532) as the issue was resolved by rolling back to the previous version as advised by the support consultant (8/9/2021).

It seems a pretty major feature issue if network policy objects don't apply correctly to remote desktop servers on anything newer than 2.5.1.324.

To hear that the issue isn't being worked on and to say its a Windows fault when clearly 2.5.1.324 works without issue doesn't sound right to me. If the code works correctly in one version but not another indicates that somethings changed in the software to break the integration not the other way around.

Perhaps if you could provide some additional insight into the fault that would help me to understand.

Lastly, I'm going to assume that version 2.5.1.324 will eventually stop working at some point so I'm not sure how to proceed.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @ThomasT
    I added your bug to that case so that you can be notified of any changes to that issue.

It looks like the team was able to start working on the issue again (bugs often pause, or stall waiting for other components to update.)

There is a KI related to your issue here:
    https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA16S000000XekDSAS&lang=en_US)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks James for the update.

• This issue has been resolved in version 2.8 thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.